I must add the importance of vehicle drivers not to tailgate a cyclist. If a cyclists falls, they fall like a brick and stop dead in their tracks. A car would not be able to stop in time and would run over the cyclists. Please use common sense- it's not worth the risk of someone's life.
6.4 Drivers and Bicycles
Riders of bicycles must obey the traffic rules and regulations that apply to all road users. Drivers must respect the bicyclist's right to share the road.
Bicyclists are at greater risk of death or injury- use extreme caution.
- Check your blind spot when turning left and especially when turning right.
- Bicyclists can dart in and out of traffic quickly, expect the unexpected.
- Give the bicyclist room, do not tailgate or crowd the bicyclist.
You are at greater risk of death or injury in a collision.
- Let others know what you are going to do, use hand signals and be in the correct lane position.
- Check your blind spots.
- Avoid busy streets.
- Stay off sidewalks.
- Safe bicycling requires knowledge, skill and maturity.
- Keep your bicycle in good working order and properly equipped (i.e. horn, lights and reflectors and night).
It is mandatory to wear an approved helmet when riding your bicycle.